||Out of stock
Redesigned for even tougher terrain, it still has everything you loved about the first version, just made better. Inspired by the Speedgoat himself, HOKA Athlete Karl Meltzer, this shoe is meant for literally any surface that’s not road — seriously, any surface — and does especially well on technical and challenging trails.
What did we change? The Speedgoat 2 still has cushion, traction, and a lightweight construction like the first edition. We just widened the base for more stability, opened up the toe-box for an improved fit, increased traction with new lug shapes in all directions and added even softer cushioning. So, whether you’re on packed, rocky, root-filled, sandy or muddy trails — we’ve got you covered.
Suitable for trails
Use for training and long distance races
Low drop – 4.5mm
Maximum cushion – 32mm
Weight – 278g (US M 9)
- Maximum cushion and still lightweight.
- Vibram® MegaGrip hi-traction outsole with multi-directional 5mm lugs for supreme grip on technical trails.
- Wider platform, and slightly more accommodating toe box compared to the first Speedgoat.
Keep in Mind:
- An improvement fit wise over the first Speedgoat, however still a precision fitting toe box that may not work for all runners.
- Maximum cushion, while extremely comfortable, hides information about the terrain and your running form. This is the right shoe for big volume training, and long races.