||Out of stock
The Timp has long been a fan-favorite of the trail community, and with the upgrades made to the Timp 2, that won’t change. The updated model offers an overall trimmed down design with an updated fit for overall better performance, making it an always-ready trail running shoe. The outsole is designed to improve biomechanics and flexibility while the tweaked fit and lacing system work together to provide a better locked-in feel. The resilient, flexible cushioning in the Quantic™ with InnerFlex™ midsole adds comfort at every step while the MaxTrac™ outsole gives you the extra grip you need for any trail or terrain.
Suitable for trail
Use for ultra marathon training and racing
Moderate cushion - 29 mm
Weight - 281 g (US 9)
- Plenty of Quantic midsole cushioning for comfortable and responsive long miles
- Refined fit compared to previous version, more locked in feel with less excess
- Better tread layout and grippier rubber than previous version, better performance on tough terrain
Keep in mind:
- Less volume inside the shoe compared to previous version or other Altras, we recommend removing or replacing the insole with a thinner one for more room inside the shoe
- Transitioning to a zero drop shoe from a higher heel rise can take some time to adapt to. We recommend you speak with staff if you are currently running a higher volume in a more traditional shoe and are considering an Altra or other running shoe with a low or no heel rise.