It's time to discover your inner mountain goat. Lightweight cushioning and a sticky TrailTack rubber outsole keep you going mile after muddy mile.
Suitable for trails, and some road
Use for training and racing longer distances
Low drop – 4 mm
Maximum cushion – 28 mm
Weight – 9.3oz / 263.7g
- Rockered midsole and low heel height make this a great replacement for anyone who had been using Pearl Izumi trail shoes.
- Lightweight for a shoe with maximum cushion making it a great option for longer runs.
- Built in velcro gaiter tab and lace securing elastic are nice details.
- Caldera 3 seems to have brought back the more accommodating toe box of the original Caldera.
- Improved traction on the new TrailTack rubber outsole
Keep in Mind:
- Max cushioned shoes aren’t as nimble on uneven technical terrain
- Brooks insoles are built up in the arch, this shoe may be more comfortable with a thin unstructured insole.